When mailboxes need repair or replacement by the home owners they should follow these standards.
- Wood post at least 4″x”4 and no more than 6″x6″
- Post may be stained either natural or shades of red or brown.
- Mailbox must be a metal standard type mailbox, black in color as to not stand out among others, no wider than 9”.
- Address numerals must be white, or black on a white background with a minimum size to meet
- The current configuration must stay the same. (i.e 3 mailboxes on one post must stay 3)
- No individual mailboxes.
- No plastic posts or mailboxes.
- Vertical post must have a decorative design very similar to what is currently on site. Example:
For any requested deviations please fill out an architectural request form so it can be reviewed by the board.
The following items are from the official USPS guidelines:
- The box or house number on a mailbox must be represented in numbers that are at least 1 inch tall, and they must be positioned
on the front or flag side of the box.
- Mailboxes must be placed 6 to 8 inches away from the curb; the slot or door must be 41 to 45 inches from the ground.
- Curbside mailbox posts should be buried less than 24 inches deep and made from wood.
- Newspaper receptacles may be mounted on the same post as the mailbox, but they must not contact it directly or be supported by
Hidden Meadows Homeowner’s Association
Document revised 04/23/2019